At Viva Enterprises Limited (T/A Arrow Electrical) we are committed in maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website, (collectively referred to as "Arrow Electrical", "we" or "us" in this policy)
We want to be clear and precise to inform you that Arrow Electrical do not sell, rent or trade email list, telephone numbers, addresses or any personal information to other companies or businesses for any marketing purposes. we like to be transparent as possible so in this Privacy Notice, we’ve provided lots of detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our Branches, use your mobile device or go online, provides you with information about:
- How we use your data:
- Information we collect from you
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained: and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
How we use your data
Arrow Electrical (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable Arrow Electrical to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Information we collect from you
- your name, age/date of birth and gender; (only if you fill this in on your account)
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on Arrow Electrical webslte;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Arrow Electrical; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our branches or web team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
Our website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. Note the deliberate emphasis of anonymous, as no personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information on our website.
The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website is transmitted to Google. This information is processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for this site only. We use these reports to evaluate aggregate visitor usage so that I can optimise the content, and its marketing, to better meet your needs. This is essential for Arrow Electrical to operate the website.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Arrow Electrical uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Arrow Electrical offers.
Arrow Electrical aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. changing marketing preferences via your Arrow Electrical account;
2. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails at the bottom; and/or
3. contacting Arrow Electrical via the contact channels set out in this Policy or at the bottom of our website using the Contact Us link.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Arrow Electrical only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Arrow Electrical and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Arrow Electrical will not disclose your personal data to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments, and to open trade credit accounts for our branches.
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Third Party Links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How long do we keep your data?
Arrow Electrical will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our website will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
How you can help to protect your own data.
Arrow Electrical will never ask you to confirm any credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Arrow Electrical asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Arrow Electrical and more generally: -
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, and selecting ‘My password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact us page set out below.